Join Our Pack
Tricks & Treats Of An Ideal Staff Member
NATURAL LOVE FOR ANIMALS
PERSONABLE & PROFESSIONAL
LEADERSHIP AND ATTENTION
We’re always looking for a few pawsome individuals with professional animal care experience to join our team! And though we love being able to spend each day with these lovable pups, our positions aren’t all playing fetch and tug o’ war. If you’re a hard worker with animal care experience and want to join the team, please fill out our form and share your resume.
Must be at least 19 years of age to apply.
Must have relevant experience.
Must be available on weekends and holidays.
Must have reliable transportation.
Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
Weekend shifts are required for the first 6 months; Holiday shifts are also required. Our Hours of operation are M-F 6:30 am to 7:00 pm, Sat & Sun 8:00 am- 5:00 pm.
-Feeding dogs and medicating them as required by our clients
-Cleaning up after dogs
-General facility cleaning and maintenance
-Dog bathing and nail trims
-Assist in helping with check in/ check out operations
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
– Prior experience working in a dog business (i.e.: Dog Daycare, Vet office, Kennel, Groom Shop/Bather)
– Ability to keep up in a demanding fast-paced environment. (It’s Hot, It’s Cold, It’s Loud, and We Clean, Clean, Clean!)
– A consistently cheerful and energetic disposition
– A clean, neat and well-groomed appearance, tattoos OK but offensive material must be covered at all times. No loose piercings (nose rings, etc.)
– Ability to effectively multi-task
– Ability to interact positively with our dogs. (Dog Behavior knowledge is a plus).
– Pro-active and the ability to work with minimal supervision
– Reliable attendance
– Willingness to pitch in wherever needed as needed
Leadership and Activities:
– Positive “Can-do!” attitude; understand and display self-leadership.
– Possess basic dog knowledge and a natural love of animals.
– Show leadership attitude and attention.
– Use Pack Management Tools throughout the day.
– Ability to run/move/react quickly
– Able to react professionally in all situations
– Feed and water animals according to schedules and feeding instructions.
– Mix food, medications, or food supplements according to instructions and prescriptions.
– Examine and observe animals to detect signs of illness, disease, or injury.
– Do facility laundry and clean, organize, maintain, and disinfect animal quarters and equipment.
– Perform animal grooming duties such as washing, brushing, cutting nails, and cleaning ears.
– Respond to questions from patrons, and provide information about animals, such as behavior, habitat, eating or facility activities.
– Order, unload, and store retail food and inventory supplies.
– Collect and record animal information such as physical condition, treatments received, medications given, and food intake.
– Must have the ability to lift 50 pounds, and be on your feet for up to 10 hours per day.
– Proactively clean up after dogs throughout the shift.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS AND DETAILS:
-Ability to work a flexible schedule required
-You will be around dogs, dog food, and a mop bucket all day.
-You must be part of the pack.
-You absolutely CANNOT be afraid of dogs.
-You must be on time for all shifts.
– You must understand that this work is inherently dangerous and the risk of dog bite or injury is high.
-Entry level hourly pay. Training rate generally begins at $8.25 per hour unless you have direct related experience. Hourly rate may potentially increase after you are trained, and have proven your ability to adapt to our operating standards within the 14 day probation period.
In the form below, please let us know 1) which position you are applying for, 2) which location you prefer to work, 3) how much animal care experience you have, 4) where you heard about Pawderosa Ranch
Find us at either of our locations below!