Join Our Pack
Tricks & Treats Of An Ideal Staff Member
NATURAL LOVE FOR ANIMALS
PERSONABLE & PROFESSIONAL
LEADERSHIP AND ATTENTION
We’re always looking for a few pawsome individuals with professional animal care experience to join our team! And though we love being able to spend each day with these lovable pups, our positions aren’t all playing fetch and tug o’ war. If you’re a hard worker with animal care experience and want to join the team, please fill out our form and share your resume.
POSITION KEY REQUIREMENTS:
Must be 21+ to apply (to ensure the best care for our pups!)
Must have relevant experience.
Must be available on weekends and holidays.
Must have reliable transportation.
Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
-Daily supervision and control of small and large groups of dogs (25-50 +/-)
-Cleaning up after dogs
-General facility cleaning and maintenance
-Help with dog bathing
– Assist in helping with check in/ check out operations (only when time permits)
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
– Prior experience working in a dog business (i.e.: Dog Daycare, Vet office, Kennel, Groom Shop/Bather)
– Ability to keep up in a demanding fast-paced environment. (It’s Hot, It’s Cold, It’s Loud, and We Clean, Clean, Clean!)
– A consistently cheerful and energetic disposition
– A clean, neat and well-groomed appearance, (tattoos OK) offensive material must be covered at all times. No loose piercings (nose rings, etc.)
– Ability to effectively multi-task
– Ability to interact positively with our dogs. (Dog Behavior knowledge is a plus).
– Pro-active and the ability to work with minimal supervision (You will be trained to fly solo here, but with a strong team to back you up)
– Reliable attendance and
– Willingness to pitch in wherever needed as needed
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ONCE TRAINED AT PAWDEROSA:
– Monitor social activity in play groups.
– Keep play areas sanitized, indoor and outside.
– Utilize our camera, taking fun pictures of our pups for social media purposes.
– Help with bathing when time permits.
Leadership and Activities:
– Positive “Can-do!” attitude; understand and display self-leadership.
– Possess basic dog knowledge and a natural love of animals.
– Display and implement canine group play management, gate management and behavior knowledge.
– Show leadership attitude and attention.
– Use Pack Management Tools throughout the day.
– Ability to run/move/react quickly
– Able to react professionally in emergency situations
For our Dog Care/Boarding clients:
– Feed and water animals according to schedules and feeding instructions.
– Mix food, medications, or food supplements according to instructions, prescriptions, and knowledge of animal species.
– Examine and observe animals to detect signs of illness, disease, or injury.
– Do facility laundry and clean, organize, maintain, and disinfect animal quarters and equipment.
– Perform animal grooming duties such as washing, brushing, cutting nails, and cleaning ears.
– Respond to questions from patrons, and provide information about animals, such as behavior, habitat, eating or facility activities.
– Order, unload, and store retail food and inventory supplies.
– Collect and record animal information such as physical condition, treatments received, medications given, and food intake.
– Must have the ability to lift 50 pounds, and be on your feet for up to 8 hours per day.
– Proactively clean up after dogs throughout the shift.
Weekend shifts are required for the first 6 months; Holiday shifts are also required. Our Hours of operation are M-F 6:30 am to 7:00 pm, Sat & Sun 8:00 am- 5:00 pm.
MORE ON JOB DUTIES:
-You will be around dogs, dog food, and a mop bucket all day.
-You must be part of the pack. If you need to leave the room tell a KT (Kennel Tech), or YT (Yard Tech) that they need to watch the dogs.
-You must be in control of pack at all times! This includes keeping barking to a minimum, not allowing humping. No excessive rough play.
-You must be quick to break up aggressive play.
-You absolutely CANNOT be afraid of dogs and must know all of our dogs’ names in house during your shift.
-You must be on time for all shifts. Calling in twice or being late twice is grounds for immediate termination. (If you are sick, please provide doctor visit info). It is extremely important for you to be there for your shift. If we have do not have our dog to staff ratio everyday it can become dangerous.
-You must notify management of time off requests at least two weeks before time off is needed.
-Must understand that this work is inherently dangerous and the risk of dog bite or injury is high.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS AND DETAILS:
-Ability to work a flexible schedule required
-Entry level hourly pay. Training rate generally begins at $8.25 per hour unless you have direct related experience. Hourly rate may potentially increase after you are trained, and have proved your ability to adapt to our operating standards within the 14 day probation period.
-Sorry but we aren’t in a position to offer Health benefits – you can apply under Obamacare though.
– Kennel Work Environment: 1 year
Find us at either of our locations below!