There’s nothing cuter than having your dog’s full attention, but if you have food in your hand forget it. More than likely your pup is only focused on that food.
While it may seem like no big deal to give them a little piece, just to taste, there are human foods that are really dangerous for your dog. To keep it simple we created a list of 10 human foods that are okay for dogs and 10 human foods that are not okay for dogs. Want more information? Check out our original food blog from 2014.
10 Human Foods Not Safe for Dogs:
- Ice Cream
- Yeast Dough
- Grapes and Raisins
10 Human Foods Safe for Dogs:
- Shrimp – Fully cooked and shell removed, high in antioxidants, vitamin B-12 and low in fat.
- Eggs – High in protein and a great source of riboflavin and selenium.
- Corn – Off the cob, common ingredient in dog food.
- Bread – No nutritional value, but plain bread won’t hurt.
- Cheese – Great treat in small amounts.
- Raw Unsalted Peanut Butter – Contains heart healthy fats and protein.
- Honey – Local honey can help fight allergies and is full of nutrients such as vitamins A, B, C, D, E, and K, potassium, calcium, magnesium, copper, and antioxidants.
- Coconut – Helps strengthen the immune system and clear up hot spots.
- Cashews – Only give a couple at a time, have calcium, magnesium, antioxidants, and proteins and fats.
- Yogurt – Yogurt is high in calcium and Protein.
Love this information? Share it with your Facebook friends! There’s no such thing as being too careful, right?
At Pawderosa Ranch, our ranchers are treated with homemade goodies made only from safe human foods and of course, plenty of love. Whether you are boarding your dog or simply dropping them off for a day of dog daycare, our attention is on the health and safety of your dog – all the way through to the treats we provide.